Horses and pets

The general provisions for household effects apply to pets.

Also to be noted

For pets (dogs, cats, etc.), please note the additional provisions of the Federal Food Safety and Veterinary Office: Bringing pets to Switzerland.

For horses from EU countries and Norway, submit the following additional documents together with the relocation documents:

  • Equine passport
  • Import certificate

See also the FSVO information: Horses, donkeys and other equids from the EU.


Whether by car, plane or train, this must be conducted in an animal-friendly manner. The provisions of the Federal Act on the Protection of Animals or of IATA must be strictly adhered to.